By: Karen Adams
When a spouse hears that their loved one is involved in sexual sin, many confusing and conflicting feelings start to surface. Once this happens, chaos usually erupts, overflowing with anger, hate, fear,despair etc. These sinful emotions want to take hold of and wreck havoc in our mind and destroy our spirit. To fight this successfully we need the Lord! We need a batttle plan. We need to be ready to fight any and every dart that the evil one throws our way.
Know that God is with you, holding you, loving you and equipping you to win this battle. It is a spiritual battle and the battle belongs to the Lord!
Here is your battle plan:
1) God understands! “Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit” Psalm 147:5
He knows exactly what you are going through and cares about you so much!
2) Nothing is too hard for God! “Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son.” Genesis 18:14
We may think that our situations are hopeless, yet with Jesus, they are hopeful!
3) Trust in Him! “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea….” Psalm 46:1-2
God will not leave us or forsake us. He will be with us through every step of our journey.
4) Battle Plan! “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you”. James 4:7
As long as we focus on Jesus the devil cannot invade our thoughts and cause despair.
5) Break out of anger! “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19-20
Any worldly emotion can bring sin into our lives and detract from righteousness in the Lord.
6) Quiet amid chaos! “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
When everything around you seems insurmountable, (“be still”: the Hebrew word for this probably means “enough!” ) don’t surrender to the chaos, say enough! and pray and surrender to Jesus!
7) Lean on the Lord! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
The Lord knows what is best for us and will continue to work everything for good for those who love Him.
8) Meet all your needs! “And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
God won’t meet you halfway, He will hold you the WHOLE way and give you everything you need.
9) Transformed! “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–His good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
We are children of God we do not react to situations the way the world does; we act by the way it will glorify Jesus.
10) Panic Attacks! “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God , which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Our most powerful weapon against any situation, circumstance or feeling is prayer!
11) Peace from God! “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:9
And, the most important thing to remember is God loves us, He is in control and through His grace we can obtain peace and victory to conquer this battle and all others throughout our life!
“Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; His love endures forever”. Psalm 118:1